Monday, April 27, 2009

Pleading his case

Here is a tidbit from a conversation with Davian last night. We were on our way home from soccer practice when he threw a car from the rear seat in our TrailBlazer. It landed next to my seat in the front.

"Did you throw that?" I asked
Davian shakes his head no.
"DID you throw that?"
Davian shakes his head no, again.
"Davian, DID you THROW that?"
"Yes, Mommy." (We have had a problem with him lying to us lately)
"Well, when you get home you will have to get a spanking from the spanky spoon."
"No, Mommy, I don't like the spanky spoon."
Fast forward 10 minutes when we pull into our neighborhood.
"Mommy, am I going to get a spanking?" Why would you remind your parents about discipline??
"Yes, Davian, because you lied to Mommy."
"Do you still love me?"
"Davian, of course I still love you. That's why I punish you for lying, because lying is a sin."
"Well, Mommy, Jesus already died for my sins on a cross." So he HAS been listening.
"I know, Davian, that's why I can forgive you for lying to me."
"That's okay, Mommy, I forgive you, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment