Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gaining Gratitude

I have been reading The Bible lately.  A lot.  In fact, I am working my way through a 90 day plan to read The Bible from cover to cover.  Admittedly, I have never read the entire Bible before so this is quite the undertaking.  I find myself waking up every morning ready to continue learning about David's saga or Solomon's wisdom.  Most of all, it has made me thankful for God's word and promises.  I struggle with Thankfulness and Gratitude.  I have read other blogs in which the bloggers keep a running list of things for which they are thankful.  I hope they don't mind if I borrow a page from their books!

These are my blessings in the everyday messiness of life:

1.  A few quiet moments to dig into the Word before the pitterpatter of little feet.
2. Good Morning snuggles with a sweet six year old.
3. Soccer camp!
4. Mid-morning run with mountains in view.
5. Play time at the nearby park.
6. Two women who are willing to reach out to the new girl in town.
7. Fresh fruit from a home orchard.
8. Air conditioning.
9. A budget.  (I am mostly grateful for this one.  Sometimes, honestly, I'm not.)
10. Two boys who enjoy each other's company.  (This has made our transition here so much easier!)

Today on the radio they asked this question:  What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you gave thanks to God for today?

Seems like my list should be a little longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment