Monday, October 3, 2011

The Big Reveal!

Unfortunately, when we arrived at the new house on Friday to officially move in, there wasn't a crowd of folks and a huge bus hiding the immaculately polished house where all of our personal possessions were perfectly organized and put away.  Rather, we arrived to workers still putting the finishing touches on the floorboards.  Appliances getting ready to install.  One bathroom with a door.  And boxes.  Lots of boxes.  Oh, and did I mention no hot water?  I could go on and on about things that we didn't have, but I would rather focus on the amazing changes that happened in the span of about 2 1/2 weeks! 

Here is the before of the front of the house.

Here is the front of the house now.



The formal living and dining rooms before




And after....

 

The staircase before...

And after...

Breakfast nook...kind of.  I don't have a great before picture of the breakfast nook.

After.....

Finally, the kitchen before....


And after...





So, we are still in the "moving in" process.  The house is littered with boxes and packing paper, but we are here.  Finally.  After 3 long months (6 for Austin) we can start putting our roots down here.

There are still some finishing touches that will be completed later in the week, but for the most part we are done! 

Thanks for sharing in our renovation! 

The End!





4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is awesome!

    Please don't let this be the end of your story, though! I love catching up on you... oh so far away!

    (note... I did not read this before I made the previous comment... how weird!)

    Awesome how God has helped you guys to get settled in your new place, and given you a beautiful home to live in there. So many things to be thankful for!

    Good luck unpacking. Wish I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation! It's beautiful!!! Makes me jealous that you did it in 2 1/2 weeks and I haven't even picked up a paintbrush--and we've been here 2 months. You have inspired me :-) Glad you can finally put your feet in the sand and leave them...but I do miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh WOW! it looks fantastic! can't wait to see it in person. you must be so proud of your new home, even though i know you're exhausted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! Welcome home...

    ReplyDelete