Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes...

Davian just totally called me out.

He and Tegan were playing with their food at dinner.  Putting water in, mixing it up, spitting out the chicken, etc.  I told them that they were not going to get ice cream for dessert because they were playing with their food.  Davian asks if they can have a second chance.  I quickly replied with a stern "NO!".  (It's been a long day). 

Davian says the following: "Oh, come on Mom.  Don't you remember Jonah and the whale?  Jonah messed up and God gave him a second chance.  God believes in second chances."

I guess he got me on that one!

1 comment:

  1. True...but it didn't work out for God ...Jonah was still whining that he didn't get his way in the end...True repentance is a divine occurrence that occurs only when faced with true love in the face of actual judgement. Stay strong Mom - I am overwhelmed lately that the boundaries I give my boys are a reflection of both Gods love and judgement for them. I love you!

    ReplyDelete