Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Small Hurdle

There haven't been too many things in the past few weeks that have brought me to tears.  There are days that I miss my best friends and shed silent tears on the way home from playdates.  I miss my church.  We miss our soccer friends.  But the one thing that I have put off, dreaded really, has been picking a new pediatrician. 

We LOVE our pediatrician.  Present tense.  Not just because he is an excellent doctor, but because he is a dear friend!  We love him and his family.  His wife is my dearest friend.  Our sons have been best friends since they were infants.  So picking a doctor for me is something I don't take lightly.  But, today I had to bite the bullet.  Tegan is sick.  Again.  I sense something is wrong with him.  Not seriously wrong, but something needing some attention.  I have nothing other than my motherly intuition to tell me that something is wrong.  So, today, with tears in my eyes I called to make an appointment with a doctor other than Alan Cooper.  I hope our new doctor doesn't think I'm crazy when I cry through our whole first appointment!

2 comments:

  1. awe, i can only imagine your struggle today. i hope teegan is ok...was the apt successful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making me cry...I just got home from work so am going to the garage to call you... l miss you ----Will asked yesterday - as we drove to open house - I wish D would move back...

    ReplyDelete